Pago de Carraovejas Carbon Footprint Calculation
Pago de Carraovejas, in its commitment to continuous improvement and with the SDG13: “Take urgent action to combat climate change and its impacts”, calculates the value of the Carbon Footprint of both its majority products and the organization itself.
This indicator consists of calculating the amount of CO2 emitted into the atmosphere in each bottle that goes to market and from the company’s activity over a period of one year.
There are two functional units of calculation: one is the life cycle analysis and the other is the different bottle formats produced. The scope of the calculation is B2B or cradle-to-gate, i.e. the life cycle starts with the acquisition of the raw materials (in our case, the viticulture process for obtaining the grapes is fundamental), up to the moment the product leaves the organization. Therefore, distribution, retailing, use and final disposal or recycling of the product are excluded from the calculation of the carbon footprint.
With the results obtained, it is possible to detect those points where it is possible to reduce the carbon footprint and thus improve sustainability in a clear way.
At present, these are the seals obtained:
PRODUCT CARBON FOOTPRINT:
Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
- · Pago de Carraovejas Crianza 2013 0`75 l
- · Pago de Carraovejas Crianza 2013 1´5 l
- · Pago de Carraovejas Crianza 2014 0`75 l
- · Pago de Carraovejas Crianza 2014 1´5 l
- · Pago de Carraovejas Reserva 2014 0´75 l
- · Pago de Carraovejas Reserva 2014 1´5 l
- · Pago de Carraovejas Autor 2015 0`75 l
- · Pago de Carraovejas Autor 2015 1´5 l
- · Pago de Carraovejas 2015 0´75 l
- · Pago de Carraovejas 2015 1´5 l
- · Pago de Carraovejas Autor 2016 0`75 l
- · Pago de Carraovejas Autor 2016 1´5 l
- · Pago de Carraovejas 2016 0´75 l
- · Pago de Carraovejas 2016 1´5 l
CARBON FOOTPRINT ORGANIZATION: