the result of the effort
A tribute to the Carraovejas valley
Reserva is a sincere tribute to the Carraovejas Valley and an elaboration that seeks to extol its origin in an outstanding way.
- Varieties: tinto fino (75%) and cabernet sauvignon (25%).
- Alcohol by volume: 13,5%
- Soils: limestone texture with red clays and white loams. Low granulometry and high water retention.
- Altitude: around 850 meters.
- Harvest: manual, in boxes 15 kg
- Aging: 12 months in 225-liter Bordeaux barrels of American and French oak.
- Clarified with natural egg white.
- Bottled in June 1998.
- Color: very high layer. Very intense cherry red. It still retains violet reflections that will diminish with bottle aging.
- Aromas: very ripe fruit, tobacco and toasted tones. In the first moment appears some animal and reduction tones that disappear after aerating the wine for a few minutes.
- Palate: the entry surprises with a first tannic sensation that then becomes tasty, full of sweet and warm sensations, intense and fleshy. The aftertaste is very long, confirming the richness of aromas.
“Pago de Carraovejas Reserva is an honest and sincere elaboration that seeks the maximum expression of the valley. A wine destined to last and to excite”.